Wake up between mule deer, whitetail deer and turkeys in a back woods cabin in the pine ridges area of N.W. Nebraska. This DIY has lodging and access to 5000 acres of game rich Nebraska buttes. For the hunter we offer whitetail and mule deer, Merriam turkey, grouse, pheasants, dove and a visitor favorite "western pothole jump shooting". Coyotes and other varmint hunts can be enjoyed by you and appreciated by us. Priority hunts are reserved for the cabin renters.
Your privacy is a guaranteed luxury, as the nearest neighbor is more than a quarter of a mile away. Built by early settlers, this rustic little cabin on the prairie offers all the modern comforts of home. The open beam living room features a fireplace to keep you warm and cozy on those crisp evenings. Above the living room is a sleeping loft featuring an antique metal bed for two and a folding cot for one. The living room couch will also fold out for extra sleeping needs.
There are camper electricity and water hookups, but the lodging price is the same because we only book 4 hunters at a time, and no mixed groups.
The cabin’s extra-large bedroom features a welcoming “Stars and Stripes” theme. A king size bed along with a twin-over-a-full-size bunk bed provides plenty of space for the whole family. The large bathroom offers a modern shower to refresh you from your day of activities.
Our lodging includes the handy, fully furnished kitchen, which includes an electric stove with oven, microwave, refrigerator, pots, pans, dishes, cooking utensils, toaster, coffee maker, and popcorn popper. We furnish basic spices and other common essentials making this a "just bring your food and cook it" kitchen.
You will find native trout fishing a few yards from the kitchen door and nearby scenic trails offer numerous riding or hiking opportunities in and around the spectacular Pine Ridge rock bluffs.
* Crawford (9 miles away) is a nice small town of 1,100 with nice restaurants, pizza places, ice cream shops, a grocery store, a hardware store, fuel stations, antique/gift shops, a summertime swimming pool and a winery, and nice small-town folks!
* Historic Fort Robinson State Park is just 3 miles west of Crawford and offers horse and jeep rides into the historic Red Cloud Buttes and others, guided tours, museums rich in American Indian and military history, a restaurant and snack shop.
* Bring your own horse and ride the trail in the Land of Crazy Horse on unique, fully guided trail rides through the beautiful Pine Ridge area of Northwestern Nebraska.
* Chadron located 18 miles from the cabin, a college town of 5,500 people, also has a Wal-Mart store.
* For the railroad photography buff, Burlington Northern Santa Fe runs a coal train through Crawford, and up the famed double horse-shoe hill and Breezy Point. Also, the Neb Kota R.R. in Chadron has a rolling dining car restaurant for a unique and elegant dining experience.
* Other places well worth the trip are Agate Fossil Beds National Monument about 50 miles, Scottsbluff National Monument about 75 miles, Chimney Rock National Monument about 100 miles, and Mount Rushmore, South Dakota, just 100 miles.
Northwest Nebraska near Pine Ridge, NE.
Semi-guided showing you the property and best places to hunt but DIY hunting.
Species & Recommended Seasons:
Mule deer and whitetail, Merriam turkey, grouse, pheasants, dove, coyote and varmints.
DIY rifle mule deer 1st 4 days $2895 (always booked)
DIY rifle mule deer last 4 days $2795 with lodging, $2495 without.
DIY archery/muzzleloader mule deer or whitetail 5 days $1495
DIY rifle whitetail 1st 4 days $2695
DIY rifle whitetail last 4 days $1795
2nd deer rifle $995 or archery/muzzleloader $500
Additional days $300/day
Access to 5,000 acres private
Landowner shows property boundaries and recommended hunting spots.
What’s Not Included:
Transportation to Nebraska
Housekeeping in the cabin
Use the Outfitter Request Form or call us using the phone number at the top of the page to check on availability, ask questions or book it.
Disclaimer: All prices are per person unless otherwise noted. No additional fees for booking, the price is the price except for NM adds sales tax. Unless otherwise noted price is per person, no licenses/tags included, game processing and taxidermy costs extra. There is no guarantee in hunting. Availability and prices subject to change by the outfitter or landowner and they have the last word. If there is a discrepancy between our posted price and what they say it is then we do our best to negotiate for you but offer no guarantee. We do our best to audit them making sure what they say they offer they actually do by visiting them or going on hunts we pay for. No refunds for early tag out. No guarantee on filling hunting licenses.